Entrance and Reception Safety in Reading
Managing Safely in Reading and Berkshire
When you are designing or redesigning the entrance or reception of your business there are many thing you must consider, obviously you want your reception or entrance to represent your business in the best way possible can but you should also think, will it serve a purpose to everyone who is going to use it?
The questions below are just a few that you should consider when you are considering what your entrance or reception does for your company;
- Do the doors to your building open inwards or outwards?
- Is the entrance to your building easily distinguishable?
- Is the threshold into your building flush?
- Is there a canopy or porch way over the door/s?
- If you have security access to your building is it easy to find/read/use/reach?
- Are entrance mats firm and flush to the floor?
- Is there a lobby into your building?
- What type of doors are your entrance doors? How heavy are they?
- Are the doors on automatic closers?
- Are the doors glazed?
- Is there an effective clear width through the doors?
- Are the doors easily distinguishable from their surroundings?
- Are the door handles easy to grip?
- Is your reception desk easy to find?
- Is the reception desk high or low enough to accommodate most people?
- Can your receptionist’s face be seen by all people at the other side of the counter?
- Is there space for someone in a wheelchair to park alongside their companion in your waiting area?
- Is your reception area serviced by an induction loop?
- Do you have a mixture of seating available in your waiting area?
This list does not cover everything you must think about in regards to your receptions or entrance however it is a great start when you begin to think about it. Remember your entrance or reception is the first thing that your possible customers, clients or business associates see when they visit your business, it is their first look at your business, if your reception/ entrance accommodates them well then they may well think that your business will as well.
IOSH Training Courses in Reading and Berkshire
For more information on how we can help you further with things to consider regarding your entrance or reception, feel free to get in touch, we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.